Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Avery's first day of Kindergarten.  I cannot even believe it!  She was super excited!  When we got to school she and her classmates had to line up outside.  The longer we stood there the more her excitement seemed to fade.  Then just like that the teacher says "ok say goodbye to mom and dad" and then she was off.  I was able to fight back the tears in front of A but I cried in the car.  After we dropped Avery off at school we headed to Target.  We were in the children's book isle and the first book I see is If I Could Keep You Little.  I of course had to pick it up and start reading it.  Not a good idea.  "If I could keep you little, I would kiss your scrapes and bruises... but then you wouldn't be able to learn from your mistakes" was just one of the pages in the book.  It was a really cute book.  Just not suitable for reading after you just took your child to Kindergarten.  They should have a warning sticker on the front or something :)  So Avery will be brought home on the bus from school.  She and the neighbor girl ride together and have the same bus stop.  Avery was SO excited about riding the bus!  She got to ride the bus in preschool a couple times to go on field trips.  It makes her feel like one of the big kids.

Here are some pictures from this morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment